Fred Nile, a member of the Christian Democratic Party and the NSW Legislative Council, has introduced a Bill into State Parliament which would make employers who require their staff to be vaccinated liable for any injury, loss or damage caused by the vaccine.
The long title of the Public Health Amendment (Vaccination Compensation) Bill 2021 (NSW) is………..
“An Act to amend the Public Health Act 2010 to provide for the payment of compensation to workers who suffer injury, loss or damage as a result of a requirement to be vaccinated”.
It proposes to insert a new section 137 into the Public Health Act 2010 (NSW) which provides as follows:
- Liability to workers required to be vaccinated
(1) This section applies if a relevant body requires a worker to be vaccinated against a disease prescribed by the regulations.
(2) The relevant body is liable to pay compensation to the worker for any injury, loss or damage suffered by the worker as a result of the vaccine.
(3) The relevant body continues to be liable to pay compensation to the worker until the worker’s death, even if the worker ceases to be employed or otherwise engaged by the relevant body.
(4) In this section— relevant body, in relation to a worker, means the person or body that employs or otherwise engages the worker. worker of a relevant body includes a person engaged by, or on behalf of, the relevant body under a contract for services, but does not include a volunteer.
COVID-19 is a ‘disease prescribed by the regulations’.
Download the PDF file Public Health Amendment (Vaccination Compensation) Bill 2021 (NSW) by clicking on the PDF image or using the download link.