Public Citizen, a non-profit organization, reached a confidential unredacted Pfizer contract of some of its negotiations.
The contracts show very specifically how Pfizer can stop countries from speaking about its contracts, block vaccine donations, unilaterally change delivery schedules and demand public assets as collateral.
We present before you the 6 key points on the Pfizer contracts that were revealed.
1.” Pfizer Reserves the Right to Silence Governments – Pfizer is silencing the governments through its contracts. It has forced countries not to talk about the deals they strike for shots.
2. Pfizer Controls Distribution of Shots – Pfizer controls the donations of the shots, not the country that buys them. Pfizer will decide where the shots go.
3. Pfizer Secured an “IP Waiver” for Itself – If Pfizer is accused of intellectual property theft, governments will pay not the company.
4. Private Arbitrators, not Public Courts, Decide Disputes in Secret – If there are disputes, private arbitrators and not public courts will decide on them
5. Pfizer Can Go After State Assets – Pfizer can go after state assets to secure its compensation.
6. Pfizer Calls the Shots on Key Decisions – Pfizer decides delivery timeline and more.”